Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Painting Commission In Progress (Step 3): Start Painting!

This project has really been going on since last summer, so when it was finally time to actually paint, it was a huge milestone.  These are pictures from Day 1 Painting.  (I am further ahead on the painting than what is shown here, but am hoping my posting will catch up to my painting!)

This is how a painting starts...laying down big fields of paint.  This is the VERY BEST part of the painting process for me.  Pure pigment is just stunning when it hits a white canvas and there is such a feeling of creative hopefulness and excitement in a new beginning.  Happiness.  :)

Early in the day:




Later in the afternoon:




(I climbed up on a ladder to get this shot.)  Remember this baby is 15 feet long...it takes a lot of muscle and a boat load of paint to just start the underpainting!   (So glad that I work out with Jillian Michaels...she keeps me fierce enough to haul these 50 lb. canvases around.  Ha Ha.)




No comments:

Post a Comment