Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Color Inspiration: Orchid

This orchid was the inspiration for the Flower Portrait (Orchid) painting in the previous post. 
Every time I went into my studio to paint, I would pass by this orchid which was sitting on a table nearby. When the sunlight would hit the petals, they just glowed with this beautiful fuchsia color. 
The color made such a connection with me and I loved the elegant shape of the petals. I couldn't get it out of my head - so I knew it would be my next painting!
The pic shows the color matching I did in the studio.

inspiration-heidi-carlsen-rogers-flower-portrait-orchid- Acrylic, Gouache & Pencil on Canvas 36" H x 48" W www.heidicarlsenrogers.com


heidi-carlsen-rogers-flower-portrait-orchid- Acrylic, Gouache & Pencil on Canvas 36" H x 48" W www.heidicarlsenrogers.com

Flower Portrait (Orchid)

Acrylic, Gouache & Pencil on Canvas
36" H x 48" W
www.heidicarlsenrogers.com

Heidi-Carlsen-Rogers-Flower Portrait (Orchid) Acrylic, Gouache & Pencil on Canvas 36" H x 48" W www.heidicarlsenrogers.com

Flower Portrait (Orchid)

Acrylic, Gouache & Pencil on Canvas
36" H x 48" W
www.heidicarlsenrogers.com



No comments:

Post a Comment